Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 5

Today is sort of depressing/hard. I did really well this morning and for lunch. I only lost 0.4 pounds, but I've read/heard that this is normal. I had a yummy lunch, I marinated some chicken in balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, pepper and a dash of Worcestershire sauce then broiled it and ate it with a tomato. It was SO good! Nice different flavor...

I had some melba toast later, and then an apple. The hard part began when my parents and sister showed up for a visit. My parents are doing this diet as well, but my sister is a skinny biotch that has never been fat EVER. So.....I thought it'd be fun to be around more people on the diet with me!
WRONG...my mom has had a hard time and all she could talk about was wanting to eat some peanut M&M's, and pop some popcorn. Then my sister warmed up her big slice of pizza from Costco--one of my favorites. I ate my Tilapia, pickle, and Melba toast for dinner...and was feeling proud of the fact that I resisted going to a wedding dinner with my fam. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay strong in the face of that much temptation.

THEN the hubby decided he can't do this diet. He just came down with a cold, and is worried that the diet won't mesh well with his school/work schedule. This is his 3rd time and he said the diet gets harder the more times you do it. I think it's hard no matter what, but mind over matter!!! So he just ate some gluten free pasta and sauce..and a handful of MY Melba toasts...needless to say I'm a little depressed. This is the first time I've done this well on a diet this extreme and now I just feel alone in my principles :)

Oh well...I will trek on and hopefully lose more weight tomorrow morning! Now I'm going to guzzle down the rest of my strawberry slushy and pray that the hunger pains go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment